Friday, September 19, 2008

A Mighty Change of Heart

So, a few months ago, I told you all about Cerise's dream to become a doctor. Well, it appears that she has had a change of heart. The following is a conversation between us from a few days ago:

Cerise: I don't think I want to be a doctor anymore.
Mom: Oh? Why not?
Cerise: Just because. I want to do what you do.
Mom: Teach Marching Band?
Cerise: NO!!! I want to stay home all day, except on Sundays.
Mom: Oh. What would you do on Sunday?
Cerise: Go for walks and go to church.
Mom: So, you want to be a Mom?
Cerise: Yep. I want to spend ALL day at home with my kids. And Elijah can go to work instead.
Mom: Well, that sounds like a good choice too. But, you'll still go to college right?
Cerise: Of Course.

(Elijah is the boy who she has recently decided that she is going to marry. She talks about it ALL THE TIME, including what their kids will be named!!!)

Oh, the fickle minds of girls. If this is what she is like when she's four, I dread the teenage years!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trust me ...you can wait until she is a teenager. Let her be a kid, she is so cute... thanks for sharing...we miss seeing you guys....

Unknown said...

How funny! SHe sounds like a smartie!

Amber Schmidt said...

how cute is she??? I am so glad she has it all planned out! LOL

Cally Carlson said...

Sounds like she's got it all figured out! Ya gotta like a girl who knows what she wants!

Ashley said...

Ahoy!! It's great to have my computer again so I can get back to commenting on everyone's blogs!! So, yes after this hurricane I'm back.

Toni, you know you're raising her right when she WANTS "to do what you do!"