Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The "D" word

Yes, it happened, my daughter said the "D" word. She has never said it before. We lasted for 4 1/2 years before my kid learned the dreaded word...DENTIST!!!!

Today was the first time we took the girls to the dentist. Yes, I am a neglectful parent...turn me in to CPS.

Morgan hated it, of course. It would appear that her recent overcoming of her fear of Drs does not transfer to the Dentist. She screamed. It was LOUD.

Cerise on the other hand, LOVED it. I swear, I have never seen any child be so excited about Drs in any form. She thinks they are the greatest people on earth. This attitude DID transfer. She thought it was great that they turned her teeth purple and then brushed it away. She loved the TV in the ceiling. She loved the tasty toothpaste that they used. She even thought the xray thing was pretty darn cool. Silly kid.

Oh yeah, and NO CAVITIES, YAY!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a 4 letter word in our house. My boys have to be sedated to get x-rays and get their teeth worked on. Hooray for no cavities :)

Mindy said...

I am just waiting for the loud screams from Ellie - her appt is in December with the boys! I have been taking her with us everytime thinking maybe she will get used to it. I am thinking maybe not! Anyway, Yea for no cavities!!!

Mindy