Well, since today is my 27th birthday (and because I am pretty sure I won't be able to come up with 100 things for my next post, which is post #100), I decided to grace you all with 27 random facts about me. Yes I copied and pasted this from Facebook (but I changed a few).
1. Toni IS my real name. No, it is not short for anything.
2. I grew up in a tiny town in Wyoming. It was not very exciting.
3. I love chocolate. Any kind of chocolate, except dark, although I'll even eat that if I am desperate.
4. I genuinely enjoy a bowl of Kraft Mac 'n Cheese (but it must be Kraft, and it must be made with the exact measurements of milk and butter listed on the package).
5. My sandwiches must be made "right side up" meaning that the meat must be on the bottom, followed by cheese, and then any veggies. I will not eat it upside down.
6. Likewise, my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches must be eaten with the peanut butter on the bottom, and jelly on the top.
7. I can't believe that I have a five year old and a two year old. Much less that in a couple of months I will be the mom of THREE kids!
8. I LOVE watching the Backyardigans with my kids, or without them (at least for the first 15 times they watch it).
9. I am likely the biggest marching band geek you will ever meet. I wish there was an adult marching band I could join without having to move somewhere else.
10. I have a tendency to break out in random song. I always have. Unfortunately it is never a cool song, it is usually an annoying little kid song or some variation on a patriotic song.
11. I never wanted to be a stay at home mom, but now that I am one, I can't imagine my life any other way.
12. I have the most amazing kids ever, even when they are annoying the heck out of me.
13. I never used to cry about anything until I got married. Now I cry over all kinds of stuff. It got even worse when I had kids.
14. I went from driving a Geo Metro, to driving a Dodge Truck. That's a big difference. Some days I still miss my Geo.
15. I kick Scott's hind parts at Wii Bowling. He kicks mine at all other Wii games.
16. I may seem outgoing and obnoxious to most people, but I am actually rather shy in new situations.
17. I LOVE exlax (for Morgan, not for me).
18. Exlax gets expensive when one takes six squares per day, although it is cheaper on Amazon than anywhere else.
19. I would rather load the dirty dishes into the dishwasher than unload the clean ones. Scott thinks I'm crazy for this.
20. I often find myself walking and suddenly I am counting 77, 78, 79, 80... I never remember starting at 1, but I am often counting. And I walk in time to the music in my head (curse you marching band days!!!)
21. Some of my "best" friends are ones that I have never met in real life. Thank Heavens for the internet.
22. I hate using cash. I spend it much more readily than if I use my debit card.
23. Sometimes I miss being in college, but not enough to go back. Yet.
24. Facebook is my only means of contact with many of my friends and some of my relatives.
25. Although I am incredibly grateful that I met and married Scott when I did, if my kids ever try to get married when they are 18, I will kindly tell them no.
26. I have learned more from my children than I can ever hope that they will learn from me.
27. I can't believe I'm 27. 30 still seems "old" even though most of my friends are already there. In my brain I am still around 22. Hopefully I always will be.
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Toni!!! If you ever DO find that adult Marching Band, I'll join ya. You're my only fellow clarinet player! I'm counting all the time too!
Happy BIrthday! I loved this post - I liked it on facebook too. I agree with SO many of them! I also can't believe that I'm edging toward 30 - it really does sound too old! :)
Sorry this is a little late...our internet isn't hooked up yet and we have been "borrowing" someone elses :) And i have a connection right now :)
Happy Happy BirthdAY!!! Hope you enjoyed the oreos :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
I still march in time, I can't NOT do it! :)
When I see a marching band, I want to join it- my friend teaches the high school band here, and I go to practices sometimes, :)
Happy Late Birthday, Toni!!!!! :)
I did not realize that we were so close in age! I'll be 27 in June!
Post a Comment