So a couple of weeks ago, I had to take my blood-glucose test to test for gestational diabetes. I BARELY passed (and I do mean barely). The Dr. said that they wouldn't put me on insulin and they wouldn't make me see a dietitian, but that I should watch my sugar intake anyway so that I don't have a ginormous baby. I have been doing really well. I went out and bought some lower-sugar snacks that I can eat when I feel the craving for sugar (which, unfortunately is several times a day). I have been SOOOO good.
Then Thursday came. I went to playgroup. One of the other moms and I started talking about jelly beans. Anyone who really knows me, knows that I have a HUGE weakness for jelly beans. Because of that weakness, I have completely avoided the Easter aisle at the store. If I don't have them in my house, I won't eat them. Well, tonight I started thinking about Starburst Jelly Beans (only the most heavenly jelly beans on the planet). I started rummaging through my cupboards and what did I find??? Two bags of them left over from last Easter.
I HAD to open them and make sure that they were in fact stale and I could justify throwing them out. Except they weren't stale. They were yummy. So I ate a few. Then I went back and got a few more. Then a few more. Then a few more. I ended up eating about 1/3 of the bag (which is better than Scott thought I'd do). I figured if I didn't eat them all tonight, then they'd still be there tomorrow, tempting me. And then I'd have TWO bad sugar days instead of just one. Scott promises he'll take them to work in the morning. I might just hide them tonight, so he can't find them in the morning to take away.
I am a horrible mother. I am already putting my own needs above those of my unborn fetus. Oh well. As soon as those two bags of jelly beans are gone, I probably WILL NOT buy any more. Oh, I have no self control. What a sad life I live.
2 comments:
Mmmmm, Starburst Jelly Beans!!!! I'm not helping at all, am I!!!
I agree - they are the best jellybeans, so you really wouldn't have any excuse NOT to eat them! Yeah, I'm also the worst when it comes to the self-control thing. hmmmm....maybe that's why I still have baby weight from my 2 year old? Happy Munching. :)
PS you are SO not a bad mother...just human. :)
Post a Comment