Friday, September 4, 2009

We Survived!

Cerise had her first week of Kindergarten this week. Our school district does it really weird. On Tuesday (the first day for all the other grades) she had to go to school for an assessment. Then on Wednesday night we went to the school and finally found out who her teacher would be, and she had her first real day on Thursday. She is in Mrs. Lipp's class, and although she was slightly disappointed at first (she thought Mrs. Fox's classroom looked more fun), she now really likes Mrs. Lipp. We both survived the first day and there were no tears from either end (although one almost slipped out when I dropped her off at the bus). She wanted to ride the bus so badly, so I let her, and then I drove to the school to meet her and make sure she made to the right classroom. I had worried needlessly, as they have people out there meeting the bus and walking the kinders to their class every day.

These pictures are all out of order, and I am too lazy to rearrange them, so if you want the story in order, scroll down to the bottom and work your way up!

The reunion (Morgan missed her sister SOOOOO much!):


Getting off the bus:


The "cones" which have since turned into hats, ball catchers and pretend ice cream cones:


I found on someone else's blog the idea to make these German cone thingies (I don't remember what their actually called, sorry). Apparently in Germany there is a tradition that kids get a cone thingy filled with school supplies and fun treats on the first day of school,kind of like a back to school stocking, so I decided we should make some. Morgan and Tyson helped:

Waiting for class to start:


In line waiting to enter the classroom:


Unloading the bus at the school:


Getting on the bus (with a little assistance from her friend Victoria):


Waiting for the bus:


Walking to the bus stop:


The "sort of first day" (aka assessment day):

1 comment:

Jenna said...

what a fun day. I know all about little sisters missing their big sisters. My younger girls HATE having McKinley gone all day. oh well - she loves it!! Now you have to take a last day of school pic and see how the backpack has faired - those poor things really get beat up! :)