Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Watch What You Say in the Presence of Children!

Sunday was Stake Conference (well a regional broadcast one from SLC). One of the speakers told a story about when he was a kid and he chased a 2 foot gila monster (a big poisonous lizard) into an old mine shaft, and later was able to follow the metal tracks and get out.


Fast forward to 6:00 Monday morning, when Cerise climbs into my bed shaking and almost crying. I ask what is wrong and she says she had a really really bad dream. I asked about what? and she says "about a heelo monster. It was 20 feet long." When I reassured her that it was not a real monster, but just a lizard, she asked, "Why would a big lizard make silver tracks?"

I almost laughed out loud. At least I know she was listening to his talk!