Sunday, July 19, 2009

Happy Birthday America!

We celebrated the 4th by going to a nearby town, where I played in a little "band" (I use that term very loosely!) for the town's Centennial Celebration. After that we came home, put the kids down for naps, and Scott and I went shopping (don't worry, Grandma stayed with the kids!). Then we roasted hot dogs in Grandma's fire pit thingy. FINALLY it was dark enough to light fireworks! We didn't go to the local lighting of the big fireworks, but I think the girls enjoyed the show we had at home.
Morgan was NOT impressed with the loud sounds from all the fireworks and just wanted to go inside and color, but Scott convinced her to stay outside while wearing his noise cancelling headphones to drown out the loud sounds. It only worked marginally, but she did stay outside.

A cool shot I got of "Ghost-Daddy" when I turned the flash off.

The reason Scott and I went shopping:

The girls LOVING our new ride!

No comments: