Friday, May 15, 2009

The newest member of our family

I woke up to Scott’s alarm at 6am, and was feeling generally uncomfortable, but not having noticeable contractions. Got up to the bathroom and went back to bed. By 6:15 I was having contractions every 1-2 minutes, so I made Scott get out of bed. We showered and headed to the hospital. We got to the hospital around 7:30. When they checked me I was dilated to almost 6cm (yay!) They attempted an IV, and after 3 pokes, called the anesthesiologist to come do it. It took him 2 tries. Finally, I could get my epidural. It was perfect. I could still feel the pressure of the contractions, but the intense pain was gone. By the time the epidural was in, I was dilated to 8cm. The doctor came in and checked on me, and before long it was time to push. Scott was able to gown up and he was actually the one to catch the baby. That was really cool. I wish I had pictures of it, but alas, I was a bit too busy to take them. Everything was good. I didn’t even tear or anything, so recovery has been great! It took us several hours to finally settle on the name, but we did it! So, without further ado, I introduce to you: Tyson Scott O’Connor who joined this world on May 14 at 11:01 am weighing in at 9 lbs 5 oz, and 19 ½ inches long.

11 comments:

Mindy said...

He's beautiful Toni! I am so happy for you all! What a cute little blessing!

Bridgette and Thomas said...

Congrats to you and Scott!! He is gorgeous, I just love those big cheeks and fair hair. I trust he has all the "bits" he's supposed to have and is in wonderful health. Great that you have a new addition to your family.
Warmly,
Bridgette, Tony and Thomas
xoxox

Michelle said...

Wow Toni-- Saw your post on facebook and wandered over to check out your blog. What a beautiful little baby :) (And by little I mean he's newborn right, but WOW that is a big baby! Impressive!) Glad everything went so well. Have fun getting to know your sweet new miracle!

Michelle Andrus Hill

PS I have a blog but I keep it private-- email me shellebelle_30@hotmail.com and I will send you an invite if you want!

Anonymous said...

Yaaaa!!! Congrats on the new little man (or should we say big, little man?!)! :) 9 lbs, I don't know how you did it, momma!!! Yikes. He is sooooooo precious though! What a handsome guy. Enjoy having a little boy, they are completely different then girls in more ways then one.

Ashley said...

Love the name! If Robyn would have been a boy his name may have been Tyson! CONGRATS!!! I'm sure the girls will LOVE him!

Rachel said...

Congratulations!! He is so adorable! He is so big! Lydia at 3 months old isn't even as big as he is! Here's to a quick recovery!

Melanie said...

Congrats on your big little baby! Glad everything was uneventful. That's a good thing.

stephanie said...

Congratulations!! Such a beautiful baby boy - and a nice delivery! :) Hurray!! Thinking about you...

Laura Jenkins said...

Congrats on your new baby boy! Now your girls have a little brother to watch over. Ditto what B said....I assume 10 fingers, toes and proper plumbing :) It's so awesome you had such an easy birth-and I just love the chubby cheeks! Enjoy your new bundle of joy! (((HUGS)))!

thechristensens said...

He is so cute!! Love it! Quite the kid weighing in at 9 lbs. 5 oz! Good job!

Andrea said...

Wow, what a quick labor!! I'm jealous, my quickest was 12hrs. Tyson is cute and small, enjoy it while it lasts, ha ha!