I couldn't go to bed tonight without recording this amazing glimpse I got today inside my girls' hearts. Cerise has always been incredibly generous. She makes paper gifts for people every day for WEEKS before their birthdays. She makes gifts for each family member for HER birthday. She LOVES to give gifts. Gift giving is definitely her love language. I think she gets that from me, although she's a million times more generous than I.
This year for Christmas, Grandma has helped her make a blanket for Tyson and a scarf for Morgan. They've worked hard on them and Cerise has really loved learning how to sew.
Today I told her we needed to go to the store while Morgan went to a birthday party (I usually go while the girls are at school). She asked if we could buy a Christmas present for Morgan while we were there. I told her that I had already gotten all of Morgan's presents and she had already made something for Morgan. She started crying that she wanted to give Morgan more presents and that homemade ones just wouldn't be as good. She offered me the only dollar in her wallet to go towards buying Morgan more gifts. We talked about how there's so much more to Christmas than presents and that Morgan didn't need lots of things. She was so upset. She just kept saying, "I know, but I just want to make her happy!"
After a few minutes of this, Morgan ran upstairs and came down with all $15 of her birthday money. She told me that Cerise could have it. I insisted that she should put it away, but she just kept saying, "I want to give it to her. I want her to be happy!"
I couldn't believe that I was sitting there trying to convince one daughter that she didn't need to GIVE any more presents for Christmas this year, and the other that she didn't need to give away ALL of her money! I was literally in tears as it hit me what amazing, selfless, generous, GOOD girls I have. I am truly blessed to be their mom. I love them SO much!
In the end, we compromised and Cerise "helped" Tyson pick out a gift for Morgan, as well as helping Santa choose a few things for stockings ;).
No comments:
Post a Comment