Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Perspective
I've learned a lot from my kids over these past 6 years, but I think I really gained an important and much needed insight the other day. Most of you know that Morgan was born with an under-developed digestive tract, resulting in the most horrific constipation I could ever imagine. As a result she takes 8 (yes EIGHT) squares of ex-lax every morning to keep her from getting very dangerously backed up. That would be 4 times the normal adult dose and this little girl weighs less than 30 pounds. Because of this high dose, every bathroom experience is extremely painful for her. She pants and cries through them often. Every day, as I sit with her, I wish that I could take that pain upon myself. I would give ANYTHING to make it so that she does not have to suffer, but there is nothing that can be done. So, we've been dealing with this for a little over two years now, and earlier this week I had an epiphany. That desire I was feeling for her, that desire to take away her pain: that was exactly how the Savior feels for us. He was willing to do ANYTHING to make it so that we wouldn't have to suffer for ourselves, much like I would do anything to take away Morgan's pain. He loves me even more than I am capable of loving my children, and because of that, He gave the ultimate sacrifice for me. What an amazing feeling to truly understand the love that my Heavenly Father and my Savior have for me. Thank you, Morgan, for helping me to KNOW.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That was beautiful Toni. Thank you.
Post a Comment