Dear Cerise,
Today was the 6th anniversary of the day I became a mother. Nothing could have prepared me for the pain and struggle of childbirth, but I certainly wouldn't trade it. The first time I saw you, I cried. You were so perfect and so beautiful and so strong. None of that has changed. You are still perfect, and beautiful, and strong. You amaze me with your wonderful personality.
One of the things that I love the most about you is your ability and desire to love others. You have always wanted to take care of people, and even as a tiny girl, you would cry when you saw that others were sad, and then you would do your best to cheer them up. You are always to first to help when someone gets hurt, and you run to get Morgan an ice pack and some water whenever she gets hurt. You truly care about others, and your love is so pure, just like the Savior's. I know that He is proud of you for that.
You are also very generous. For the past couple of months, I have often found you working quietly in your room, and when asked what you were doing, you replied "I'm making presents to give you on my birthday." And last night, before bed, you were meticulously wrapping those presents so that everyone would have something to open this morning. In fact, you were more concerned about the presents you were giving to us, than you were about the ones you would be receiving. Thank you for those wonderful gifts.
You have grown a lot this past year. Your clothes seem to get smaller each day, and you've lost 5 teeth since your last birthday! You are getting so good at reading, and writing, and you LOVE to make books to share with your family and your class at school. Your testimony has grown a lot as well. I love hearing you pray, and it makes me smile each time you acknowledge Heavenly Father's hand in your life. You KNOW He loves you and that He hears your prayers and answers them. Your sweet testimony strengthens mine every day.
You amaze me, Cerise. I know that Heavenly Father has a special place in His heart for you. He loves you. I love you. I am so grateful every day that you got to come to MY family and be MY little girl. You are the BEST 6 year old in the world and I can't wait to spend eternity watching you learn and grow.
Love,
Mom
1 comment:
Awwwww!!! so sweet!
Post a Comment