Sunday, February 7, 2010

An update on us

We are still alive, although you wouldn't know it from reading our blog! I have TONS to update, and much of it you likely won't be interested in, but SOMEDAY my children or their children will read this as my journal, and THEY will be interested, so here you go: an update on each of us.

Scott:
Pretty much nothing new. Work is going well, and nothing has broken at the plant recently, so work has been the regular mundane stuff. He just got called as the Assistant Scout Master in our new ward, which will involve lots of camping (he HATES camping!) so I pretty much won't see him on the weekends this summer. He is kind of dreading it, but I think he'll enjoy it once he gets going on it. His birthday is coming up next week, so I'll update more about that then.

Toni:
I've been playing my trombone with a little quintet of older folks from the Stake. It has been really fun, and I've REALLY enjoyed being involved in making music again (well, beyond ward choir which hardly counts ;-)) I am attempting to lose 75 pounds before my birthday next March, so I'll keep you updated on my progress. So far I've lost 3 pounds in just over a week. Hopefully I can keep my motivation.

Cerise:
Cerise is growing and learning SO much. Pants I bought 4 months ago are suddenly too small/short, and I need to weed out a bunch of shirts that she's outgrown all of a sudden. She is now able to read a few books to Morgan and Tyson and brings home 2 books to read to us each night. Her writing is improving a TON and she LOVES to write little books and notes. She lost another tooth last week (her 4th bottom tooth) and then last night, pulled out her 1st top tooth while we were in the van on the way to Wal-Mart. So, right now, she has 3 gaping holes in her mouth, but she is SO proud! I'll have to get a picture of them and post soon. Her birthday is on Tuesday, and she is so excited I think she's going to BURST! Everything on her wish list was either Star Wars or Princess/Barbie. What a silly girl!

Morgan:
Morgan is growing TONS! She is finally out of 2T clothes (although there are still a few hanging out in the closet/dresser, but they are WAY too short!) She is speaking so well now. Just this past week she looked at me and for the first time said, "Mommy, I Love you" instead of "Mommy, I wuv you" and she's been perfecting that "L" sound ever since. It makes me a little sad because she sounds so grown up when she says it. She loves hanging out with Tyson in the mornings while Cerise is at school, and they play so well together. She is a great big sister. She has been doing SO well with going to Primary. She HATED nursery and couldn't wait to get to Primary. We were still a little nervous about it, because she is so shy, but she goes without a problem every week and LOVES it!

Tyson:
Tyson has been teething non-stop for the past 6 weeks. At one point he was getting 4 teeth at the same time! Poor kids was miserable, but now he has 6 teeth, with another 2 on the way in. His top teeth are very spaced, like Cerise's so I'm sure he'll have to have the thingy in between clipped when he is older as well. Oh, well. Just before his 7 month birthday, he started crawling and now he is VERY fast! He also pulls himself up to anything that will hold his weight and is starting to cruise around the furniture. He is BY FAR my busiest kid and gets into EVERYTHING! His favorite toy is the water in Keyni's bowl (YUK!) He still lights up our world with his quick smiles and belly laughs.

Well, I think that's it for tonight. I have a bunch of pictures I could post, but they are upstairs in the camera, and I'm too lazy right now to go get them :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh, Scott, embrace Scouts!!! You'll LOVE IT!!! I'm excited for you as I LOVE scouting!

Jenna said...

Sounds like life is good. The quintet sounds like a blast! I would love to do something like that again. I can't believe Tyson is crawling. - They just grow TOO FAST!!