Monday, April 12, 2010

"Exploring Nature"

The girls have been begging to go to the park for the past couple of weeks, but with 25-40mph winds, it was a no-go. Finally, today was a beautiful day. A little on the chilly side, but nothing a jacket didn't fix, and there was NO WIND!!! So we went to the park to "explore nature" as Cerise puts it. She insists that "this year I am learning about nature, I'm not really sure what I'll learn about next year." Silly girl. So we explored the leaves that were growing and had blown off the trees. Checked out the sand pit ("sand is nature too, right mom?") played on the swings and slides and then, finally went for a little walk down by the river. We spent a little over 2 hours there (which is FAR longer than a normal park excursion for us) and it was wonderful! I love my kids, and have really really been enjoying hanging out with them lately!
Tyson checking out the local aquatic life

Morgan scaring the local aquatic life.

Cerise taking her turn

"Skipping Rocks"

1 comment:

Rachel said...

How fun! I love "exploring nature."